Scars that are left behind by acne and pimples are a bigger issue than acne itself because they take a lot of time (read “months”) to disappear. However, with the right kind of products and home remedies, one can heal those scars much faster. There’s no need to spend loads of money on expensive creams and salon treatments to fade away these marks. In this post, we list down 10 acne scars treatments that you can do at home:
1. Almond and Egg White Face Mask: The protein in the egg heals the skin and reduces the acne marks. On the other hand, almond moisturizes the skin and treats blemishes and scars. The combination of egg and almond makes the skin even toned and tightens the pores as well. Soak 4-5 almonds overnight and make their fine paste in the next morning. Take an egg white and add almond paste to it. Whisk the ingredients to make a homogenous mixture. Apply the face mask as thick as possible and let it dry. Later, wash it off with lukewarm to normal water. Apply the face mask twice a week for best results.
2. Tomato, Cucumber and Lemon Face Pack: The enzymes present in these juices exfoliate the skin to remove dead skin cells. This face mask effectively lightens the acne scars and treats blemishes as well. Not to mention, it provides with an enhanced complexion and even-toned skin. Take equal amounts of tomato juice, cucumber juice, and lemon juice. Mix them well and apply over the cleansed skin. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash off with normal water. Apply every alternative day for best results.
3. Chamomile Tea and Witch Hazel Toner: The antioxidants present in the chamomile repairs the skin. Chamomile possesses bleaching property that lightens the acne scars and enhances the skin complexion. Witch hazel is known for its astringent property. It treats inflammation and reduces the acne scars effectively. Take a half cup each of chamomile tea and witch hazel. Add a few drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil. Pour the mixture into a spritz bottle and keep refrigerated. For best results, apply twice a day.
4. Orange Peel and Yogurt Face Mask: Orange peel is a rich source of vitamin C that lightens the acne scars and improves the skin complexion. On the other hand, yogurt moisturizes the skin and keeps it blemish free. Take a tablespoon of orange peel powder. Add enough amount of yogurt to make a thick and smooth paste. If desired, add a pinch of turmeric as well. Apply the face mask over cleansed skin and leave for 20 minutes. Later, rinse off with normal water. For best results, apply the mask twice a week.
5. Pomegranate Peel Pack: Pomegranate peel possesses powerful antioxidants, vitamin C and vitamin E that help in reducing the acne scars effectively. With sugar in combination, the scrub gently exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells. Take two tablespoons of pomegranate peel powder and powdered sugar. Add enough amount of rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply over the acne scars and leave for 5-7 minutes. Later, start scrubbing it off and wash it with normal water. Apply twice a week for better results.
6. Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Honey Face Mask: Cinnamon and nutmeg are known to boost the oxygen circulation. This, in turn, reduces acne scars and makes the skin clear. On the other hand, raw honey provides antibacterial property to the skin while moisturizing it at the same time. Take a teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg powder. Add two teaspoons of raw honey and mix it well. Apply the face mask over cleansed and damp skin. Leave it for 10-15 minutes. Later, rinse it off with lukewarm water. For best results, apply the face mask at least twice a week.
7. Potato and Green Tea overnight Face Mask: The enzymes present in potato juice help in clearing up the skin and reduce the chances of further breakouts. In combination with green tea, the face mask will improve the skin complexion. Take equal amounts of potato juice and green tea. Mix them well and apply over the cleansed face at night. Next morning, wash it off with normal water. Use it every alternate day for best results.
8. Gram Flour and Saffron Pack: Gram flour promotes exfoliation of the skin. It cleanses the skin effectively and removes dead skin cells, reduces acne marks and treats blemishes as well. Saffron helps in clearing up the acne marks and improves the complexion. Take a tablespoon of gram flour and a pinch or two of saffron powder. Add enough amount of rose water to make a paste. Apply over the skin and work in circular motion. Later rinse off with normal water. You can store the mixture in an airtight container.
9. Oatmeal, Milk and Cinnamon Powder Pack: Take half a cup of oatmeal powder and mix in milk to make a thick paste. Now, add 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon powder and mix well. Apply on the face, keep for 20 minutes, and rinse off with lukewarm water. Do this twice a week for glowing and smooth skin.
10. Carrot, Papaya, and Yogurt Face Pack: Extract juice from half a medium-sized carrot, a few cubes of ripe papaya and mix in 1 tbsp of yogurt or curd. Mix well into a paste form and apply all over the face and neck area. Do this twice a week for fading away acne scars and to get bright and glowing skin.